Importance of the Drop-off Form
We understand the hassle of filling out forms. With that in mind, we have created a recheck form that is quick and easy to fill out, but that still ensures the safety and comprehensive care of your pet by containing all the information pertinent to our doctors. With each visit to our hospital, we require a recheck form to be filled out. Just like your doctor takes a history and checks what medications you are on, the recheck form allows us to do that for all our patients.
Our recheck form allows the following information to be easily delivered to your doctor:
- What your pet is eating and when they last ate (important for certain procedures).
- Their general health status since their last visit with us.
- If they have been ill, and, if so, for how long and how often.
- Current medications (including supplements) from all doctors providing care, including:
- Current dose
- When it was last given
- If any refills are needed
- If there are any changes to your pet’s health or if you have specific concerns that you want the doctor to address.
- Contact information for you if we have any questions or concerns about your pet during their stay with us.
In order to minimize confusion and missed messages, we discourage you from telling the morning staff about changes or minor concerns with your pet. It is not because the staff does not care about your pet, but instead they are concerned about not getting all the detailed information to the doctors. The recheck form makes sure that all the information gets to the doctor without delay or confusion. If your pet has any immediate concerns, please don’t hesitate to inform the staff so appropriate action can be taken. Just be sure to note anything of concern on the recheck form that you leave with us.
Having a complete and accurate medication list is very important, especially when there are multiple doctors involved. Some medications and supplements interact with each other in dangerous (even fatal) ways. Providing us with a current medication list helps to ensure the safety of your pet by allowing us to avoid medication complications.
For your convenience, we keep pre-printed recheck forms at the front desk. Feel free to take several home with you to fill out ahead of time. You can also access the form on our website or we can email you a copy if you would like. Just ask the staff!